100-hour ONLINE Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness® Program
with Add-on Certification Optional
“Awaken the Possible!”
Leading-edge online training for radical self-care & healing
with James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE
Two online Course Levels are now offered with a third ready to be published by early next year 2020.. Receive a 20% discount off the purchase price when you register for the full 100-Hour Program, consisting of all three courses together (view 4th thumbnail below).
Click images for more info and/or to purchase:
Explore this Life-Enhancing Curriculum that you won’t find anywhere else!
Who would benefit taking this online Program?
The Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness® Program has been designed for EVERY BODY – from the every-day person who knows their best investment is learning how to stay in charge of their own health and wellbeing, to the experienced Movement Educator looking to enhance their skill set for group classes/workshops/retreats and personalized one-one-one sessions.
Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness® attracts a wide variety of movement experts including yoga teachers, yoga therapists, physicians, body-workers, dance teachers, occupational therapists, as well as other health care professionals who would like to expand their scope of practice to include a more Whole-Self approach to healing. Upon successful completion of the Program, you will be qualified to integrate 80+ Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) into your live or online classes and/or private sessions.
What Type of Learning Platform does the Program’s Courses consist of?
The GSY Pracitioner Levels 1 and 2 and GSY Teacher Level 3 online courses are designed as follows:
Course Content –
James Knight is one of the pioneers bridging yoga and Somatics. This robust online program cannot be found anywhere else. It is the culmination of James’ direct experience with clients and students over the past 30 years.
Course materials consist of hundreds of step-by-step videos accompanied by illustrated instructional handouts, short quizzes, and a couple of assignments for each Course. We strongly encourage students to print and retain copies of all handouts, and create a Reference Manual for their personal use.
- Somatic Movement Flow® Videos – Demonstrations by James and GSY Faculty of the 85+ individual, stand-alone SMFs, including expanded detailed explanations, with emphasis on the latest tips, modifications, and enhancements.
- Supplemental Videos
▪ Detailed presentations by James Knight explaining the neuroscience, history, philosophy and methodology of GSY.
▪ Full-length classes of James teaching, intended to inspire how SMFs are selected and sequenced for home practices and/or classes & workshops.
▪ Samplings of student practice sessions captured during in-person courses. This is purposeful in demonstrating how GSY can be personally translated and interpreted by each practitioner regardless of age or skill level.
- Instruction Style – The courses are Self-paced as opposed to Instructor-paced. Self-paced instruction proceeds based on learner response. As such, these courses do not follow a set schedule. All of the course materials are available as soon as the course begins, and the courses are constructed in such a way that the student proceeds from one topic or unit to the next at their own speed. Also, assignments and exams do not have due dates.
- Course Term – On average it can take six months to complete each of the Program’s Advanced Study courses (L1, L2, & L3). With that being said these Courses are self-paced and each participant can take the time they need. Please email us if a life event has prevented you to complete this Program in a reasonable amount of time.
Of special note: one of the main tenets ascribed to Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness® is that of it being a dynamically evolving practice. This means that modifications and enhancements to its method are inherent in its future.
We are absolutely 100% committed to the success of our students, and we wholeheartedly support their success from the moment they enroll, onward.
To that end, there is also a continuing education forum of certified GSY teachers that students are invited to join once certified. In this forum, James and his colleagues share ideas and innovations, along with the latest greatest tips, modifications, and enhancements to the Somatic Movement Flows. Outside of that, James and his Team at GSY are always happy to respond to questions and commentary, and we encourage student engagement, feedback and input.
Add-on Certification Option
After you have successfully completed a Course (GSY Practitioner Levels 1, 2, & 3) you receive a GSY Certificate Of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness®. Additionally, you have the opportunity to go the extra mile and become a Certified Practitioner by purchasing the Certification Option and passing the certification’s Final Teachback requirement.* This is done by submitting a Final Teachback video (full instructions HERE). Your teachback video will then be evaluated by our Certification Staff, after which you will receive a detailed report card with personal feedback. Once certified, you will be acknowledged with a Practitioner Certificate as having demonstrated your competence and skill for providing Gentle Somatic Yoga & Wellness in an official capacity, either one-on-one or in a group setting, as part of your professional instruction service(s).
*Prerequisite: Successful completion and certification of each Level is required before taking the next Course. For example, you must have successfully completed the Level 1 Course in order to be eligible for Level 2 Course. The certification option must be purchased separately for each Level completed.
How Can I Apply My Education And Certification?
- Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes to your population. Have the option for designing targeted classes based on your student and client needs.
- Experienced yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and movement educators can develop advanced classes and workshops to support the next step in movement as a healing art for their students. Apply the principles of Gentle Somatic Yoga and provide workshops and programs to help with common physical conditions such as neck and shoulder tension, chronic back pain, tight hips and hamstrings. If you are already working with specialty populations, Gentle Somatic Yoga will distinguish your expertise in the field.
- If you are a teacher/educator looking to address a niche demographic such as the desk worker, Senior, beginning yoga students, plus sizes, pregnancy, cancer survivors, PTSD/trauma, etc., this practice is a terrific way to establish yourself as a specialist in the field.
- Physicians, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Massage Therapists, Bodyworkers, and other practitioners can teach stand-alone Somatic Movement Flows to their clients and patients. The new skill set you will learn through this Gentle Somatic Yoga training will dramatically advance all therapeutic and healing processes.
For more information or if you have questions, please email us.
EARN 100 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE APPROVED CEUs.
Receive our 20-minute FREE Home Practice video!
Join Founder, James Knight, as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga® Home Practice Session. The beneficial effects of the Somatic Movement Flows® featured in this video are cumulative. James highly recommend you commit to practicing them several times a week for one month. Thereafter, use them periodically and as needed for ongoing relief, maintenance and well-being.
Plus you’ll get our regular newsletter full of value and free videos!