Explore this Life-Enhancing Curriculum that you won’t find anywhere else!
The GSY Level 1 and GSY Level 2 online courses are now available. The GSY Teacher Level 3 online course is anticipated to launch in late 2020. The tuition cost for Online Level 1 is $645, Level 2 is $645, and Level 3 is $745. The tuition cost for the complete 100-Hour Program, including the 20% discount, is $1,628 (a savings of $407). These prices do not reflect the optional Add-on Certification. Certification option must be purchased for each level separately.
Who would benefit taking this online Program?
The Gentle Somatic Yoga Advanced Study Program is designed for EVERY Body – from the lay person looking to empower their self-care, to the highly-experienced Movement Educator looking to enhance the leading edge of their skill set.
Gentle Somatic Yoga (GSY) attracts a wide variety of movement experts including yoga teachers, body-workers, dance teachers, occupational therapists, as well as other health care professionals who would like to expand their scope of practice to include a more therapeutic approach to mindful movement. Upon successful completion of the Program, you will be qualified to integrate 70+ Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) into your classes and/or private practice to ensure remarkable results while expanding your specialty niche.
With that in mind, however, it is not necessary to be a movement educator in order to benefit from what these courses offer. They are open and available to ANY and EVERYONE interested in empowering themselves with skills to enhance their health and well-being.
What Type of Learning Platform does the Program’s Courses consist of?
The GSY Pracitioner Levels 1 and 2 and GSY Teacher Level 3 online courses are designed as follows:
- Course Content – Course materials consist of both Somatic Movement Flow videos with accompanying step-by-step illustrated instructional handouts, and supplemental videos, a majority of which also have downloadable illustrated handouts. We strongly encourage students to print and retain copies of those, and create a Reference Manual for their personal use.
- Supplemental Videos
▪ Detailed presentations by James explaining the neuroscience, history, philosophy and methodology of GSY.
▪ Full-length classes of James teaching, intended to inspire how SMFs are selected and sequenced for home practices and/or classes & workshops.
▪ Samplings of student practice sessions captured during in-person courses. This is purposeful in demonstrating how GSY can be personally translated and interpreted by each practitioner regardless of age or skill level.
- Somatic Movement Flow Videos – Demonstrations by James and GSY Faculty of the courses’ 70+ individual, stand-alone SMFs, including expanded detailed explanations, with emphasis on the latest modifications and enhancements.
- Instruction Style – The courses are Self-paced as opposed to Instructor-paced. Self-paced instruction proceeds based on learner response. As such, these courses do not follow a set schedule. All of the course materials are available as soon as the course begins, and the courses are constructed in such a way that the student proceeds from one topic or unit to the next at their own speed. Also, assignments and exams do not have due dates.
- Course Term – Self-paced. On average it can take six months to complete each of the Program’s Advanced Study courses (L1, L2, & L3)
Of special note: one of the main tenets ascribed to GSY is that of it being a dynamically evolving practice. This means that modifications and enhancements to its method are inherent in its future.
We are absolutely 100% committed to the success of our students, and we wholeheartedly support their success from the moment they enroll, onward. To that end, there is also a continuing education forum of certified GSY teachers that students are invited to join once certified. In this forum, James and his colleagues share ideas and innovations, along with the latest greatest tips, modifications, and enhancements to the Somatic Movement Flows. Outside of that, James and his Team here at GSY are always happy to respond to questions and commentary, and we encourage student engagement, feedback and input.
What will I learn?
During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed handouts. Information that will be covered in detail:
- 1/3 of the program Learn James’ top hands-on protocols learned from his successful 30-year clinical practice: efficient and effective customized Assisted Pandiculation techniques for one-on-one sessions and can be used in group settings
- 1/3 of the program Customize Somatic Movement Flows for the chair. Great for chair yoga, active seniors, the deskworker and corporate wellness.
- 1/3 of the program Move Smarter – In this module you will be introduced to SomaDynamics™. SomaDynamics inspires us how to utilize movement as a lifestyle. Learn new ways of natural movement that will regenerate your body. In this module you will learn to assess and correct postural and gait patterns. Co-facilitated by Teya Alden from “Move Like It Matters“
- Neuroscience – Moving deeper into the science behind these innovative therapeutic modalities; Assisted Pandiculation.
- The History and Philosophy behind Gentle Somatic Yoga.
- Modifications and Props – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
ADD-ON CERTIFICATION OPTION
After you have successfully completed a GSY Course (GSY Practitioner Levels 1, 2, & 3) you receive a GSY Certificate Of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga®. Additionally, you have the opportunity to go the extra mile and become a Certified Practitioner of Gentle Somatic Yoga by purchasing the Certification Option and passing the certification’s Final Teachback requirement.* This is done by submitting a Final Teachback video (full instructions HERE). Your teachback video will then be evaluated by our Certification Staff, after which you will receive a detailed report card with personal feedback. Once certified, you will be acknowledged with a GSY Practitioner Certificate as having demonstrated your competence and skill for providing Gentle Somatic Yoga in an official capacity, either one-on-one or in a group setting, as part of your professional instruction service(s). The cost for Certification is $250. Click HERE to purchase and for more info.
*Prerequisite: Successful completion of the training for its certification level is required. For example, you must have successfully completed GSY Practitioner Level 1 Course in order to be eligible for GSY Level 1 certification. The certification option must be purchased separately for each Level completed and you can choose this option at a later date.
How can I apply my education and certification?
Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes and hands-on sessions. In this 36-Hour GSY Teacher Level 3 course you will learn all-new SMFs, which will provide you with numerous options for designing specialty classes based on your newly-acquired expertise and student/client needs. Certified GSY Teachers will be eligible to become GSY Affiliates. This includes the possibility of offering your own sub-specialty by collaborating with James in developing unique GSY programs for the evolution of GSY — Lifestyle By Design.
EARN 100 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE APPROVED CEUs.
Receive notification when GSY Level 3 is published:
Please Enter Your Contact Information to Receive James Knight’s Complimentary Instructional Video
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter. (You can unsubscribe at any time, we promise).
Make An Appointment with James
Do you have chronic pain and/or other physical limitations that are persistent and would like to have immediate relief with long lasting results?
If you so, make an appointment for a customized one-on-one virtual clinical session with James. Click below to book an appt and for more information.