This workshop Series was originally intended to be held in-person June 5 – 7, 2020 but was rescheduled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Come and discover for yourself why Gentle Somatic Yoga® is becoming so popular worldwide!
A Somatic Journey to Sacred Center through Gentle Movement & Meditation
Each event in this weekend program is stand-alone and unique unto itself. When experienced as a series, this cumulative learning is comprehensive in its scope. The result is a solid educational foundation from which to build upon, and can become a springboard for GSY practitioner certification.
Dates, Times, and Costs in Canadian Dollars:
Full Weekend Package:
Early Bird Price (Save $50!): $275 plus HST, Register here.
Regular Price: $325 plus HST (Harmonized Sales Tax)
OR Individual Sessions:
Friday: Evening of Complete Restoration ~ 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Early Bird Price: $65 plus HST, Register here.
Regular Price: $75 plus HST
Saturday: Introductory Workshop ~ 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Early Bird Price: $75 plus HST, Register here.
Regular Price: $88 plus HST
Sunday: Deeper Dive ~ 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Early Bird Price: $165 plus HST, Register here.
Regular Price: $195 plus HST
Friday, September 11, 2020
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Evening of Complete Restoration
Join James Knight, Certified Hanna Somatic Educator, Author, Integrative Therapist, and founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga®, for a very special restorative themed evening at Beyond Yoga Studio & Wellness Centre.
Through therapeutic and corrective exercises, called Somatic Movement Flows®, learn how to restore your own body. The proven results include freedom from chronic pain, dramatically increased flexibility, enhanced strength, and improved posture.
Relax and unwind from your week with this embodied candlelight practice of mindful movement. Stay after class to enjoy tea, treats, and conversation in a special meet and greet reception to welcome James to the Beyond Community.
Saturday, September 12, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Introductory Workshop
This accessible and all levels workshop is an ideal introduction to the world of Gentle Somatic Yoga®.
Join James Knight, founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga® for an engaging afternoon of movement education including:
- A brief introduction and overview GSY, including the neuroscience behind this revolutionary approach and how to you recognize and reprogram habitual patterns of stress held deep in the body.
- A class where you will be led through 10+ Somatic Movement Flows® to inspire and enhance your practice.
- Discussion, and an extended Q&A period where you will be invited to ask questions about physical conditions, tips and modifications
Come prepared to explore new ways of movement that unlock and erase habitual patterns of holding stress and pain in the body. The proven results will transform your life.
All abilities and ages are welcome.
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Gentle Somatic Yoga®: Deeper Dive
In this final day of exploration with Gentle Somatic Yoga® founder James Knight, you are invited to take a deeper dive in this immersive 6 hour workshop:
- Expand your knowledge with the latest discoveries in neuroscience for self-healing.
- Develop an understanding of the reflexes that contribute to patterns of chronic tension held in the body.
- Learn more about Sensory Motor Amnesia® and how you can unwind stiffness, pain and postural imbalances, and dramatically increase flexibility through brain-to-muscle re-education.
- Practice and learn 12+ new Somatic Movement Flows® to inspire and inform your own GSY journey moving forward.
- Engage and explore with in-class discussions and a Question and Answer period.
All ages and abilities are welcome.
This class is suitable for Yoga Instructors*, Yoga Therapists, body workers, active seniors, and beginning Yoga students. Regardless of age or ability, you will learn practical and effective skills which you can immediately incorporate into your movement practice.Participants will have an embodied experience that will not only help them, but can also be shared with their family members, friends, clients, and students.
*Yoga instructors may claim CEU hours for this workshop from Yoga Alliance.
LOCATION (see map below)
Beyond Yoga and Wellness Center 3-66 Hearst Way, Kanata, ON K2L 2P4
Contact Beyond to RSVP, more info, and directions call: (613) 591-YOGA (9642)
For more information about these events at Beyond Yoga and Wellness Center visit: