Both Sol and Tara are certified as Gentle Somatic Yoga Teacher ~ Level 3. They each have their unique specialties and are experienced and gifted embodied Movement Educators who are passionate about enhancing lives through the practice of movement education. Drawing from their own life experiences and career paths, they have naturally gravitated to Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) and feel strongly that it is the missing piece to an often challenging puzzle. With their supportive and encouraging approach, you will learn the tools and gain the skills to become a competent GSY practitioner able to share with your community and beyond. They are ready and able to take this step with you, empowering and inspiring you along the way. Sol and Tara see everyone as individuals first and foremost, and are eager to assist you in developing your unique potential by adding this certification to your credentials.
Sol Brandt (pictured left) / website.
Tara Sellars (pictured right) / website
Five full days of training. Each day’s training will begin at 9am and finish at 5pm. The cost will include an afternoon tea/coffee break (not lunch). Because the venue is within Newcastle City, it is close to numerous eateries, and the facilitators prefer to encourage their participants to move/walk and change their surroundings.
Venue Link: https://www.dancecity.co.uk
5 minutes walk from the train station, 6.9 miles from Newcastle airport, ample selection of accommodation choices close by.
Included in Cost
- GSY Tuition
- Teacher’s Guide
- Tea & Coffee
- Taxes & Fees
- Accommodations: There are hotels, AirBnbs and bed & breakfasts nearby the venue.
What makes this Teacher Training so unique?
- Explore and learn a minimum of 25 Somatic Movement Flows® that can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage, etc.), or can be the basis for an entire group class
- Learn the history, philosophy, science, and theory behind Gentle Somatic Yoga
- Share case studies and offer solutions for physical challenges and limitations students bring to class
- Enhance your own teaching style and use of Somatic language while working with peers.
- Identify your target audience and adjust the Somatic Movement Flow sequences to fit your niche
- Join our leading-edge community of Somatic Movement Educators and Yoga Teachers
- Develop successful business strategies and marketing tools
- Health Care Professionals and Certified Yoga Teachers can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Learn all this and more within a vibrant and friendly environment and city.
- Return to your community feeling refreshed, energized, and inspired!
Wednesday 16th October / 9am – 5pm
Thursday 17th October / 9am – 5pm
Friday 18th October / 9am – 5pm
Saturday 19th October / 9am – 5pm
Sunday 20th October / 9am – 5pm
There will be a 90-minute lunch break and a short afternoon break. The onsite DC Café offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Please consider contacting the cafe directly if you choose to lunch here and have dietary requirements: Tel 0191 269 5590
There are also numerous other dining options available nearby.
Getting to the Training
Dance City Newcastle is located in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, just a 5 minute walk from Newcastle Central Station. Central Station and St James metro stations are both close by.
• Traveling By Car from the South
Head north past A1 Washington Services, continue on A1. Exit onto the A184 towards Gateshead/Newcastle. Continue on A189 and cross the Redheugh Bridge. Take the middle lane on to St James Boulevard/A189. Turn right onto Westmorland Road/A186. Take the first left onto Waterloo Street and turn left onto Peel Lane.
• Traveling By Car from the North
From Morpeth head south on the A1. Take the A69/A186 ramp to Hexham/City Centre (West). At the roundabout take the first exit onto the West Road/A186, continue along the A186 West Road. Continuing on the West Road head down a hill (there are various motorbike shops on either side of the road) when you reach the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill turn right onto St James Boulevard/A189. Head straight and you will pass Dance City on your left. At the traffic lights turn left onto Westmorland Road, then take the first left onto Waterloo Street and turn left onto Peel Lane.
Parking Newcastle – Grainger Town Multi-story car park is situated right next to Dance City and can be found when turning onto Waterloo Street. Please note that weekend parking can be very busy.
• By Train
Dance City is just a 5 minute walk from Newcastle Central Station. Exit the station and turn left on Neville Street. Walk along until you see Centre for Life on your left opposite its entrance archway there is a pedestrian crossing, cross over and head left. At Premiere Newsagents turn right onto Waterloo Street where you’ll see Akbars Restaurant and head straight. On the second left turning head left up Peel Lane and you will see Dance City at the top of the lane.
• International Visitors – Newcastle International Airport; for more information, visit the Newcastle Airport website.
A non-refundable $500 deposit will secure your place.
Feel free to email either of the facilitators with any questions …
REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
Please complete and submit our convenient ELECTRONIC FORMS below. Note: Each event has its own unique application process, and a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form are both required for your attendance in this course.
☛ Access WAIVER FORM here.
☛ Complete REGISTRATION FORM below: