Course Theme: Find Your Inner Yes
When Somas connect in shared intention they enliven the creation of something completely new and novel. Throughout this training we will participate in experiential activities as a group and as individuals that will energize the alchemy of yoga (union). Together we will activate a heightened collective awareness that will help us to deepen into the connections between and among one another, creating a unique learning opportunity. Come and experience a shared sense of gratitude for what we will co-create as a Somatic Tribe.
What makes this Advanced Studies Training so unique?
- Explore and learn 25 Somatic Movement Flows® that can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage, etc.), or can be the basis for an entire group class
- Learn the history, philosophy, neuroscience, and methodology of GSY
- Share case studies and offer solutions for physical challenges and limitations that students bring to class
- Enhance your own teaching style while working with your peers (many participants attracted to this method are experts in their field)
- Identify your target audience and customize the Somatic Movement Flow sequences to fit your niche
- Join our cutting edge community of Movement Educators, Yoga Teachers, and Yoga Therapists
- Develop successful business strategies and marketing tools
- Certified Yoga Teachers and Health Care Professionals can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Return to your community feeling refreshed, energized, and inspired!
For more about GSY’s 32-hour in-person Level 1 trainings, visit this PAGE.
15% Earlybird Discount available through January 1, 2020. Apply code sumter15 at checkout.
Add-on Certification Option
After you have successfully completed this GSY Advanced Studies training, you will receive a GSY Certificate Of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga® . Additionally, you have an opportunity to go the extra mile and become a Certified Practitioner of Gentle Somatic Yoga by purchasing the certification option ($250, see link in next paragraph) and passing the certification’s Final Teachback requirement. This is done by submitting a Final Teachback video (full instructions HERE). Your teachback video will then be evaluated by our Certification Staff, after which you will receive a detailed report card with personal feedback. Once certified, you will be acknowledged with a GSY Practitioner Certificate as having demonstrated your competence and skill for providing Gentle Somatic Yoga in an official capacity, either one-on-one or in a group setting, as part of your professional instruction service(s).
If you would also like to become certified, you can add the Certification Option to your cart HERE. Earlybird applies as well. You can also purchase it separately at a later date (Earlybird cutoff applies).*
*Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Advanced Studies training for its certification level is required. For example, you must have successfully completed GSY Practitioner ~ Level 1 Advanced Studies in order to be eligible for GSY Practitioner ~ Level 1 certification.
This training is being held over two weekends at Southern Bliss yoga studio:
Friday, January 31 / 6pm – 9pm
Saturday, February 01 / 8am – 6pm
Sunday, February 02 / 9am – 2pm
Friday, February 07 / 6pm – 9pm
Saturday, February 08 / 8am – 6pm
Sunday, February 09 / 9am – 2pm
REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
Please complete and submit our convenient electronic forms below.
Note: Each of our events have their own unique application process; both a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form are required for attendance in this course.
☛ Access WAIVER FORM here.
☛ Access REGISTRATION FORM here.