Jai Advanced Gentle Yoga (JAGY) – Teacher Training
(known as Jai Soma Yoga in the West)
An Advanced Gentle Yoga Professional Curriculum, in partnership with Gentle Somatic Yoga®
What does Jai Advanced Gentle Yoga offer?
1) It makes a stiff body flexible through slow and mindful movements.
2) It alleviates pain by releasing habitual physical tension patterns. Jai Advanced Gentle Yoga consistently improves flexibility, relieves chronic pain, and realigns postural imbalances.
Jai Advanced Gentle Yoga is a combination of Gentle Yoga with Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY), which is popular in the West. This unique combination is a result of GSY founder James Knight’s special ability to collaborate directly within the Jai curriculum. GSY is a unique movement education practice that produces brain-to-muscle re-education, effectively relieving stress, pain and long-standing postural issues.
Gentle Somatic Yoga helps reduce, correct, and / or resolve the following symptoms:
– Chronic back pain
– Poor attitude
– Stiff neck and shoulders
– Muscle cramps
– Knee injury
– Parkinson’s disease
– Multiple sclerosis
– Joint pain and hip pain
– Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
– Tight hamstring
– Various other symptoms
Gentle Yoga is a yoga specialty for two categories of participants:
1) People with high stress levels and unbalanced lifestyle, or who frequently complain of physical pain
2) Silver Generation (Senior Adults)
Jai Advanced Gentle Yoga (JAGY) is a 4-week curriculum specializing in teaching a completely new and unique style of gentle yoga to the general public and the silver generation.
► Sequences for Gentle Yoga and Silver (Senior Adults)*
– Three Gentle Yoga sequences designed to relieve accumulated stress and chronic pain
– Three Gentle Yoga sequences designed to address the physical changes experienced by Silver (Senior Adults)
– One chair yoga sequence for Silver (Senior Adults)
* All of the above sequences include breathing, yoga, and somatics.
► Gentle Yoga Theory and Methodology
• Theory of Somatics: Sensory Motor Cortex; Brain-to-muscle reconnection; Involuntary Reflexes; Shifting from sympathetic nervous system state to parasympathetic nervous system state; Understanding the theory of Gentle Somatic Yoga
• Methodology of Somatics: Understanding and experiencing the methodology that is essential for enjoying the effects of somatic yoga, for example lengthening the muscles without stretching, Feathering technique, 3-Second Rule
• Yoga Theory and Methodology: Understanding and applying body alignment based on anatomical and muscular understanding of areas that cause pain in the body; Understanding and experiencing various breathing techniques used in Gentle Yoga
► Anatomy and Physiology
• General population: Learn through anatomy the common physical habits and patterns of the general population
• General population: Understand the anatomy and muscular movements of body parts such as spine, neck and shoulder, pelvis and lower body
• Silver (Senior Adults): Learn the physical and physiological changes of the senior population
• Silver (Senior Adults): Understanding the common diseases or complaints of the senior population, such as 1) back pain, disc, 2) arthritis, 3) hip pain, incontinence, 4) shoulder rotator cuff disease
► Teaching Gentle Yoga
• Mindfulness: Learn the know-how of figuring out yoga instruction through mindfulness techniques, such as curiosity and inquiry
• Observe: Observe the body of the practitioner and design the teaching appropriately for them
• Joyfully Without Effort: Learn how to teach yoga in a way that allows you to relax and enjoy yourself instead of taxing your body while pushing your students
JAGY Professional Training Course Teachers
James, who is the creator and founder of Gentle Somatic Yoga, is a certified teacher with more than 25 years of experience as a yoga teacher, psychotherapist, and Hanna Somatic Educator. James travels around the globe facilitating mindfulness trainings utilizing Gentle Somatic Yoga. www.gentlesomaticyoga.com
As a Jai Yoga & Meditation Senior Teacher, Anshi offers pregnant martial arts, postpartum yoga, gentle yoga and focus meditation classes daily. She is also a member of the Silver Gentle Yoga 60+ Ladies program at Jiai Apgujung studio, and ongoing daily Silver Yoga. She also supervises Jai Prenatal & Postpartum and Silver Yoga advanced professional education courses. As well, she regularly offers prenatal yoga special lectures, and anatomical lectures.
Director Jung Jin-hee (Jaya)
After working as an accountant for 10 years, President Min Jin-hee reached a turning point in life.
She focused on her studies. Currently, as director and meditation teacher at Jai Yoga, she teaches meditation and mind-training methods appropriate to modern people in Jai Yoga, as well as for various companies, universities, cultural centers and Jaiyo centers.
Program Introduction | BINYASAYO – first to introduce maternal & postpartum yoga, and therapy yoga in Korea
Program Development and Mapping – She is active as a member of Jaibinya Saoya, Refresh Relax Yoga, Jiu Fat Yoga, Gentle Yoga, and Meditation Program development and guidance.
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Date: March 9 – March 31, 2019
Duration: Total 4 weeks
Time: 10:00 – 19:00
Total 54 hours: pure training time excluding training, observation and task time
Location: Jai Han Nam
COST: 1.5 million won
* 5% discount on quick registration (up to 2/8 days), Jai Premium and Practice members, additional 5% student discount
* Jai high-grade maternity nursery and post-natal training
HOW TO REGISTER
– You must complete the Yoga Leadership course, including Vinyasa, Hatha and Ashtanga.
– You should have experienced yoga at Jai.
– Only experienced people with more than 1 year of yoga training are eligible.
– Only those who have experience teaching yoga for more than 6 months can apply. (If your teaching is less than 6 months but you want support, a separate interview is required.)
Step 1: If you meet the above requirements, please go HERE to obtain the application.
Step 2: You will be interviewed by a JAGY specialist course instructor.
Step 3: Following notification of your interview results, you will begin with detailed instructions and training prior to starting the professional training course.
Class participation and observation (total 10 times):
– Gentle Yoga Professional training course students are allowed to practice without restriction on yoga and meditation classes for 6 weeks (1.5 months in total) from the training start date.
– Number of participation in yoga and meditation classes during participation and observation: 10 times
– Gentle Yoga training twice
– One Gentle Yoga observation
– Gentle Yoga 60+ Lady’s Water Training 2 times
– Refreshing Relax Yoga and Inex Yoga 3 times
– Meditation 2 times
7 days before the start of the course – 100% refund
3 days before the start of the course – 50% refund
No refund after course starts
JAG Advanced Gentle Yoga Professional Curriculum Certificate Issuance