Course Theme: Find Your Inner Yes
When Somas connect in shared intention they enliven the creation of something completely new and novel. Throughout this training we will participate in experiential activities as a group and as individuals that will energize the alchemy of yoga (union). Together we will activate a heightened collective awareness that will help us to deepen into the connections between and among one another, creating a unique learning opportunity. Come and experience a shared sense of gratitude for what we will co-create as a Somatic Tribe.
What makes this Advanced Studies Training so unique?
- Explore and learn 25 Somatic Movement Flows® that can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage, etc.), or can be the basis for an entire group class
- Learn the history, philosophy, neuroscience, and methodology of GSY
- Share case studies and offer solutions for physical challenges and limitations that students bring to class
- Enhance your own teaching style while working with your peers (many participants attracted to this method are experts in their field)
- Identify your target audience and customize the Somatic Movement Flow sequences to fit your niche
- Join our cutting edge community of Movement Educators, Yoga Teachers, and Yoga Therapists
- Develop successful business strategies and marketing tools
- Certified Yoga Teachers can earn 32 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through Yoga Alliance
- Learn all this and more in a serene and beautiful setting. The location of the yoga studio is nearby to the Swan River in sunny Perth. During breaks you can easily take walks on paved trails along the river to recharge. Perth is a city on the coast of Western Australia known for its beaches, parks and beautiful climate. It also offers cultural experiences in the form of art galleries, artist studios, museums and gardens.
- Return home refreshed, inspired, and energized!
For more details about this 32-hour in-person Level 1 training, visit this PAGE.
COST: $1,250 USD
8% Earlybird Discount available until January 2, 2020. Apply code earlybirdperthlevel1 at checkout.
Included in Cost:
- Course Tuition
- Taxes and fees
- Ground transportation to/from yoga studio
- Accommodations: There are Hotels & Airbnb options within close proximity to the yoga studio.
Add-on Certification Option
After you have successfully completed this GSY Advanced Studies training, you will receive a GSY Certificate Of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga® . Additionally, you have an opportunity to go the extra mile and become a Certified Practitioner of Gentle Somatic Yoga by purchasing the certification option ($250 USD, see link in next paragraph) and passing the certification’s Final Teachback requirement. This is done by submitting a Final Teachback video (full instructions HERE). Your teachback video will then be evaluated by our Certification Staff, after which you will receive a detailed report card with personal feedback. Once certified, you will be acknowledged with a GSY Practitioner Certificate as having demonstrated your competence and skill for providing Gentle Somatic Yoga in an official capacity, either one-on-one or in a group setting, as part of your professional instruction service(s).
If you would also like to become certified, you can add the Certification Option to your cart HERE. Earlybird applies as well. You can also purchase it separately at a later date (Earlybird cutoff applies).*
*Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Advanced Studies training for its certification level is required. For example, you must have successfully completed GSY Practitioner Level 1 – Advanced Studies in order to be eligible for GSY Practitioner Level 1 certification.
Teaching Schedule for the week:
This course is being held at a yoga studio running daily classes. We will blend into their schedule, as follows:
Saturday, March 21 / 9am – 6:30pm
Sunday, March 22 / 11:30am – 6:30pm
Monday, March 23 / 9am – 4:30pm
Tuesday, March 24 / 9am – 4pm
Wednesday, March 25 / 11:30am – 5:30pm
Thursday, March 26 / 11am – 5pm
A minimum number of 10 participants are required for this course. Historically, this has not been an issue. Feel free to EMAIL us if you have questions.
REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
Please complete and submit our convenient electronic forms below.
Note: Each of our events have their own unique application process; both a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form are required for attendance in this course.
☛ Access WAIVER FORM here.
☛ Access REGISTRATION FORM here.
Getting to Nedlands Yoga Centre:
Nedlands is located approximately 25 minutes by car from the Perth airport. It is convenient and relatively inexpensive to grab an Uber or Lyft from the airport to get to the Nedlands area. You will need to have their app available on your mobile phone to reserve a transport.
Alternatively, taxis, towncars, and public transportation are also available. Visit this link for more information.