Course Theme: Awaken the Possible!
When Somas connect in shared intention they enliven the creation of something completely new and novel. Throughout this training we will participate in experiential activities as a group and as individuals that will energize the alchemy of yoga (union). Together we will activate a heightened collective awareness that will help us to deepen into the connections between and among one another, creating a unique learning opportunity. Come and experience a shared sense of gratitude for what we will co-create as a Somatic Tribe.
*Prerequisite: You must be certified as GSY Practitioner ~ Level 1 before taking this program.
What Will I Learn?
This 32-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) certification course is similar in format to the GSY Level 1 course. The main difference being that this an expansion of your skill set through learning and incorporating additional and unique Somatic Movement Flows®. Also, this course highlights the human energy body. We do this through exploring Bioenergetic Exercises, Meditations, Visualizations, and Pranayama Breathing techniques.
Information that will be covered in detail:
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Method – Learn and teach 29 Somatic Movement Flows® with the latest cutting-edge enhancements that can be incorporated into therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class; Core Energetics, Vipassana Meditation, and Pranayama; further enhancements of self-pandiculation.
- Neuroscience – GOING DEEPER: Learn more about Fascia, the Parasympathetic Nervous System, and The Energy Body (Aura and Chakras).
- History – Learn how Vipassana Meditation, Shamanism, Biofeedback, Core Energetics, the work of Barbara Brennan, and the work of Toni Petrinovich informed the development of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
- Philosophy – Awaken the Possible: By releasing defensive patterns of holding stress and pain in the Soma, we can further expand into living within soul alignment. Attuned with the heart, we become more fulfilled in all areas of our life.
- Modifications, Props, & Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
- Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche. As a certified GSY Practitioner ~ Level 2 you are additionally qualified to work one-on-one or in specialty groups as an aspect of your professional practice.
- Electronic course materials will be sent to you via email ahead of time.
32 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs AVAILABLE FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS
COST (includes Tuition, Lodging & Meals, and Taxes/Fees)
$1600, with a $150 Earlybird discount available through June 9, 2019 (use code: earlybirdyogavillelevel2 at checkout).
This training is being held at the lovely Shri Nivas Retreat Center at Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville. The Center sits adjacent to 750 acres of tranquil countryside in central Virginia, and from its perch on the mountainside it overlooks the ashram’s LOTUS Temple and offers magnificent views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the James River. This location was personally chosen in order to accommodate the group comfortably and economically, as meals and shared lodging are included in the cost of your training! For a video tour of the Center, watch:
LODGING & TRANSPORTATION
Onsite shared lodging is included in your cost. The Center features 5 semi-private bedrooms with various combos of twin and full-size beds, and 5½ baths. All of the rooms are comfortable and modern (see video above).
Private sleeping accommodations are generally available off-site on the ashram grounds (approximately 2 miles away) for an additional cost and on a first-come, first-served basis. This must be pre-arranged ahead of time and cannot be guaranteed until reserved. Rates are as follows:
Private accommodations must be paid in full at the time they are reserved and with an understanding that they are offsite and will require you to arrange for your own transport to/from the training each day. Contact Events@gentlesomaticyoga.com by August 1, 2019 to inquire (sooner the better).
Transportation can be arranged to/from Yogaville and the Charlottesville Virginia airport, train station, or bus station only. Transportation is provided between the hours of 9am – 8pm and is $50.00 each way. Transportation to/from Washington, DC or Richmond, VA is not available. Contact Events@gentlesomaticyoga.com by August 15, 2019 to arrange.
Meals are included in your cost and will be served 3 times a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meals are structured around the Night, starting at the Dinner of your first arrival date, going until the breakfast of your departure. Vegan and Vegetarian options are served buffet-style, including a full hot line and a full salad bar. Anytime there is a dairy- or gluten-containing offering, an option that is gluten- or dairy-free is also served. For concerns about a particular dish, please ask the cook, who will be happy to let you know what ingredients are included.
REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
Please complete and submit our convenient ELECTRONIC FORMS below.
Note: Each of our events have their own unique application process; both a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form are required for attendance in this course.
☛ Access WAIVER FORM here.
☛ Access REGISTRATION FORM here.