Course Theme: Awaken the Possible!
When we learn the tools to free ourselves from pain and stiffness through exploring Somatic Movement Flows®, then “miracles” begin to happen more frequently. This is because we have integrated and also released our defense structures and emotional/mental/physical armoring. The result is that our energy field is more coherent in frequency and brighter with Life Force (Prana).
With less distraction from limiting beliefs and attachment to old stories we used to tell ourselves about our Soma, we bust the Myth of Aging and we can express more of ourselves with grace, ease, and joy! The result, over time, is that we become more fully embodied and make generative decisions from our Heart Center. With more choices we have (response vs. reaction) the freer we are.
When more of us come together in resonance with practices like GSY, the more we Awaken the Possible for ourselves and the Collective!
*Prerequisite: You must be certified as GSY Practitioner ~ Level 1 before taking this program.
What Will I Learn?
This 32-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) Advanced Study Program Level 2 is similar in format to the GSY Level 1 course. The main difference being that this an expansion of your skill set through learning and incorporating additional and unique Somatic Movement Flows®. Also, this course highlights the human energy body. We do this through exploring Bioenergetic Exercises, Meditations, Visualizations, and Pranayama Breathing techniques.
Information that will be covered in detail:
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Method – Learn and teach 29 Somatic Movement Flows® with the latest cutting-edge enhancements that can be incorporated into therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class; Core Energetics, Vipassana Meditation, Pranayama; and further enhancements of self-pandiculation.
- Neuroscience – GOING DEEPER: Learn more about Fascia, the Parasympathetic Nervous System, and The Energy Body (Aura and Chakras).
- History – Learn how Vipassana Meditation, Shamanism, Biofeedback, Core Energetics, the work of Barbara Brennan, and the work of Toni Petrinovich informed the development of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
- Philosophy – Awaken the Possible: By releasing defensive patterns of holding stress and pain in the Soma, we can further expand into living within soul alignment. Attuned with the heart, we become more fulfilled in all areas of our life.
- Modifications, Props, & Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
- Enhance self, student, and client outcomes – Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to more fully integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche.If you choose to add the Teacher Training Certification add-on option and pass your final teachback, you are additionally qualified to work one-on-one or in specialty groups as an aspect of your professional practice.
- Ample support for a successful learning experience – Electronic course materials will be sent to you via email ahead of time. These materials can be printed and used to create your own reference manual.
This Program is Facilitated by GSY Faculty Cheryl Mason GSY-L3, E-RYT 500, YACEP
Also, James Knight will also be present from time-to-time because he will be at Yogaville, during the same timeframe, facilitating a GSY weekend Spiritual Retreat and GSY Practitioner Level 1 Course. And, Certified GSY Level 3 Teachers, Lori Hill and Michelle Colgaine will be assisting.
Cheryl Mason’s yoga education and experience:
Cheryl began her journey with yoga by taking classes in Salina, Kansas in early 2000. She has studied with Joseph and Lillian Le Page from Integrated Yoga Therapy and received her 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher designation in 2004. Cheryl also completed Level II training with the Shambhava School of Yoga at Shoshoni Yoga Retreat Center. Cheryl taught classes regularly and eventually co-owned Prairie Lotus Yoga in Salina, Kansas with her friend and business partner, Kate Williams.
Cheryl continued her yoga training with Inner Peace Yoga Therapy and received her 300-hour certificate in April 2016. Also, she was able to learn from many gifted teachers in the yoga therapy arena including the following:
- Amy Weintraub, Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
- Dr. Mark Halpern, Ayurveda
- Maria Mendola, Functional Yoga Therapy
- Nischala Yoga Devi, Yoga of the Heart
- Laura Kupperman, Yoga for Cancer Survivors
- Neil Pearson, Yoga for Pain Management
- Antonion Sausys, Yoga for Grief
As part of Cheryl’s studies with Inner Peace Yoga Therapy, she was blessed to be able to continue studies with Nischala Joy Devi and completed her 100-hour Yoga of the Heart Program for Cardiac and Cancer Patients. Nischala worked with Dr. Dean Ornish in his research for reversing cardiac disease and developed the stress management portion of his program. Additionally, she developed yoga programs for the Commonweal Cancer Help Program.
Cheryl became interested in the work of Thomas Hannah on reawakening the mind’s control of movement, flexibility and health with somatic yoga and studied with James Knight to become certified to teach as Faculty for Gentle Somatic Yoga.
Cheryl a member of Yoga Alliance and also the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
The Course Schedule can be viewed and/or downloaded here.
32 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs
Early bird pricing due by July 15, 2020
COST: $1425.00 (includes Tuition, Lodging & Meals, and Taxes/Fees) $212.50 Add-On Cert Optional
After July 15, 2020
COST: $1676.00 (includes Tuition, Lodging & Meals, and Taxes/Fees) $250.00 Add-On Cert Optional
This program is being held at the lovely Shri Nivas Retreat Center at Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville. The Center sits adjacent to 750 acres of tranquil countryside in central Virginia, and from its perch on the mountainside it overlooks the ashram’s LOTUS Temple and offers magnificent views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the James River. This location was personally chosen in order to accommodate the group comfortably and economically, as meals and shared lodging are included in the cost of your training! For a video tour of the Center, watch:
LODGING & TRANSPORTATION
Onsite shared lodging is included in your cost. The Center features 5 semi-private bedrooms with various combos of twin and full-size beds, and 5½ baths. All of the rooms are comfortable and modern (see video above, and floor plan below).
Private sleeping accommodations are generally available off-site on the ashram grounds (approximately 3 miles away) for an additional cost and on a first-come, first-served basis. This must be pre-arranged ahead of time and cannot be guaranteed until reserved. Rates are as follows:
Private accommodations must be paid in full at the time they are reserved and with an understanding that they are offsite and will require you to arrange for your own transport to/from the training each day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2020 to inquire (the sooner the better).
Transportation can be arranged to/from Yogaville and the Charlottesville Virginia airport, train station, or bus station only. Transportation to/from Washington, DC or Richmond, VA is not available.
Transportation is provided between the hours of 9am – 8pm and is $50.00 each way. It is approximately a 90-minute drive from the airport to Yogaville. The latest pick up from the airport is 8pm. If possible, participants would need to book a flight that arrives in sufficient time to make that cutoff time. If you come in later than 8pm you can arrange to stay at a hotel near the airport and be picked up the following morning. Contact email@example.com by August 20, 2020 to arrange.
Delicious meals are included in your cost and will be served 3 times a day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meals are structured around the Night, starting at the Dinner of your first arrival date, going until the breakfast of your departure. Vegan and Vegetarian options are served buffet-style, including a full hot line and a full salad bar. Anytime there is a dairy- or gluten-containing offering, an option that is gluten- or dairy-free is also served. For concerns about a particular dish, please ask the cook, who will be happy to let you know what ingredients are included.
REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
Please complete and submit our convenient ELECTRONIC FORMS below.
Note: Each of our events have their own unique application process; both a completed Registration Form and Waiver Form are required for attendance in this course.
☛ Access WAIVER FORM here.
☛ Access REGISTRATION FORM here