We anticipate this online course will launch in early 2020. Please fill out form on the right side of this page to be notified when it becomes available for registration.
Awaken the Possible!
This 32-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) online Advanced Study course* is similar in format to the GSY Level 1 online course. The main difference is expanding your skill set through learning and incorporating 28 additional and unique Somatic Movement Flows®. Also, this course highlights the human energy body. We do this through exploring Bioenergetic Exercises, Meditations, Visualizations, and Pranayama Breathing techniques.
*Prerequisite: GSY Practitioner Level 1 Advanced Study from either the in-person or online courses.
Additionally, the Add-on Certification option provides a credential to yoga teachers, body workers, health care professionals, and therapists who would like to further expand their scope of practicing a more therapeutic approach to mindful movement. Upon certification you will be able to integrate more Gentle Somatic Yoga in order to further enhance student/client outcomes and expand your specialty niche. As a Certified Practitioner you are qualified to work one-on-one or in groups as part of your professional practice.
What will I learn? During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed Chapter Unit handouts. Information that will be covered in detail:
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Method – Learn and teach 27 Somatic Movement Flows® with the latest cutting-edge enhancements that can be incorporated into therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class; Core Energetics, Vipassana Meditation, and Pranayama; further techniques of pandiculation.
- Neuroscience – GOING DEEPER: Learn more about Fascia, the Parasympathetic Nervous System, and The Energy Body: Aura and Chakras.
- History – Learn how Vipassana Meditation, Shamanism, Biofeedback, Core Energetics, the work of Barbara Brennan, and the work of Toni Petrinovich informed the development of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
- Philosophy – Awaken the Possible: By releasing defensive patterns of holding stress and pain in the Soma, we can further expand into living within soul alignment. Attuned with the heart, we become more fulfilled in all areas of our life.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
Add-on Certification Option
After you have successfully completed a GSY Advanced Study training, you receive a GSY Certificate Of Completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga® . Additionally, you have the opportunity to go the extra mile and become a Certified Practitioner of Gentle Somatic Yoga by purchasing the Certification Option and passing the certification’s Final Teachback requirement.* This is done by submitting a Final Teachback video (full instructions HERE). Your teachback video will then be evaluated by our Certification Staff, after which you will receive a detailed report card with personal feedback. Once certified, you will be acknowledged with a GSY Practitioner Certificate as having demonstrated your competence and skill for providing Gentle Somatic Yoga in an official capacity, either one-on-one or in a group setting, as part of your professional instruction service(s).
*Prerequisite: Successful completion of the Advanced Study training for its certification level is required. For example, you must have successfully completed GSY Practitioner Level 1 Advanced Study in order to be eligible for GSY Practitioner Level 1 certification.
How can I apply my education and certification?
Once you have learned all 53 Somatic Movement Flows from GSY Levels 1 and 2, you will be inspired to expand your class and/or practice offerings based upon your student and client needs. Experienced yoga teachers and movement educators can develop advanced classes and workshops to support the next step in movement as a healing art for their students. You will be able to apply the principles of Gentle Somatic Yoga and provide workshops and programs to help with typical conditions (neck and shoulder tension, common back pain, tight hips and hamstrings). If you are already working with specialty populations, Gentle Somatic Yoga can augment your practice and distinguish your expertise in the field. If you are a yoga teacher and looking to address a specific niche population such as Seniors, beginning yoga students, the desk worker, plus sizes, pregnancy, cancer survivors, etc., then this is a terrific way to establish yourself as a specialist in the field of yoga therapy. Body Workers, Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and other health care practitioners are able to teach individual Somatic Movement Flows to their clients and patients. The new skill set you will learn from Gentle Somatic Yoga can often dramatically accelerate therapeutic and healing processes.
EARN 32 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE APPROVED CEUs.
Students who register under a payment plan can qualify for certification by successfully completing their final teachback, however they will not receive their certificate nor be officially recognized as certified until all scheduled payments have been received.*
No refunds are granted once a student has begun their coursework.
If a student has registered under a payment plan and there is a cancellation in the installment payments without our prior approval, then access to the course will immediately be terminated and there will not be a course completion or certification issued.
* Also, if there were a subscription cancellation of remaining payments due, certification eligibility would be rescinded.
Be the first to be notified when GSY Level 2 is published
Duration: 32 hours
Video: Yoga Classes
SUBMIT YOUR NAME & EMAIL TO RECEIVE JAMES KNIGHT'S COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter.