*We are expecting this online course to be published in 2019. Please fill out form on the right side of this page to be notified when it goes live.
Embodied Movement™ – The Future Soma
This 36-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) certification course completes the 100-Hour GSY Certification Program. It is similar in the experiential format to the GSY Level 1 and Level 2 Online Courses. The main difference is this course is divided into thirds. The 1st third will assist in expanding your skill set through learning additional Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) that have been adapted for application while seated in a chair. In the 2nd third of the course, James offers his hands-on “Top Ten” efficient and effective customized assisted pandiculation techniques for unwinding Sensory Motor Amnesia. The remaining third of the course consists of an exploration into SomaDynamics™, where Somatics meets Biomechanics and we take GSY off the mat and into the world through generative movement.
*Prerequisite: GSY Practitioner Level 1 and Level 2 certifications from either the in-person or online courses.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga in order to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche. As a Certified Teacher you will be qualified to work one-on-one or in groups as part of your professional practice. You will also be qualified to apply for the GSY Affiliate Program and become part of the ever-expanding GSY Team of world-wide trainers.
36 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS
What will I learn? During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed Chapter Unit handouts. Information that will be covered in detail: (see Link for Course Curriculum)
- Learn and practice 12 Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) that have been adapted for the chair.
- Learn and practice James’ “Top Ten” Hands-on Protocols: efficient and effective customized assisted pandiculation techniques for unwinding Sensory Motor Amnesia.
- Learn and practice new stance and gait SMFs for generative movement (SomaDynamics™). Facilitated by certified Restorative Exercise Specialist Teya Alden.
- Neuroscience – Moving deeper into the science behind these innovative therapeutic modalities; Assisted Pandiculation.
- The History and Philosophy behind Gentle Somatic Yoga and SomaDynamics.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
How can I apply my education and certification? Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes and hands-on sessions. In this 36-Hour Practitioner Certification course you will learn approximately 20 new SMFs, which will provide you with numerous options for designing specialty classes based on your newly-acquired expertise and student/client needs. Certified GSY Teachers will be eligible to become GSY Affiliates, an ever-expanding team of world-wide trainers. This includes the possibility of offering your own sub-specialty by collaborating with James in developing unique GSY programs for the emerging phase of GSY — Lifestyle By Design.
Be the first to be notified when GSY Level 3 is published
Duration: 36 hours
Video: Yoga Classes
SUBMIT YOUR NAME & EMAIL TO RECEIVE JAMES KNIGHT'S COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter.