*We are expecting this online course to be published by early July, 2018. Please fill out form on the right side of this page to be notified when it goes live!
Finding Your Inner Yes
This 32-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® Certification Course is designed for yoga teachers, body-workers, health care professionals, and therapists who would like to expand their scope of practice to include a more therapeutic approach to mindful movement. This course is also beneficial for the lay person who would like to develop a home practice and learn skills to age gracefully.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga in order to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche. As a Certified Practitioner you are qualified to work one-on-one or in groups as part of your professional practice.
32 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS
What will I learn?
During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed Chapter Unit handouts. Information that will be covered in detail: (see link for Course Curriculum)
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Method – Learn and teach 25 Somatic Movement Flows with the latest cutting-edge enhancements that can be incorporated into therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class; tips and guidelines for a successful practice; cueing and sequencing.
- Neuroscience – The science behind these innovative therapeutic modalities: Hanna Somatic Education; The Three Reflexes: Green Light, Red Light, and Trauma; Sensory Motor Amnesia; Techniques of Pandiculation; Somatic Movement Flows® for brain-to-muscle re-education.
- The History and Philosophy behind Gentle Somatic Yoga – GSY was synthesized and inspired by James Knight from the work of Thomas Hanna, Eleanor Criswell, Moshe Feldenkrais, and Lawrence Gold. Discover “True North” and finding the “Inner Yes”. The more choices we have physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, the freer we are.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
How can I apply my education and certification?
Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes. On average, one hour Gentle Somatic Yoga class has 6 Somatic Movement Flows. In this 32-Hour Practitioner Certification course you will learn over 25 Somatic Movement Flows, which will provide you with many options for designing targeted classes based on your student and client needs. Experienced yoga teachers and movement educators can develop advanced classes and workshops to support the next step in movement as a healing art for their students. You will be able to apply the principles of Gentle Somatic Yoga and provide workshops and programs to help with typical conditions (neck and shoulder tension, common back pain, tight hips and hamstrings). If you are already working with specialty populations, the Gentle Somatic Yoga can augment your practice and distinguish your expertise in the field. If you are a yoga teacher and looking to address a specific niche population such as seniors, beginning yoga students, the desk worker, plus sizes, pregnancy, cancer survivors, etc., then this is a terrific way to establish yourself as a specialist in the field of yoga therapy. Body Workers, Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and other health care practitioners are able to teach individual Somatic Movement Flows to their clients and patients. The new skill set you will learn from Gentle Somatic Yoga can often dramatically accelerate therapeutic and healing processes.
Duration: 32 hours
Video: Yoga Classes
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL THEN CLICK THE BUTTON FOR A COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO.
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga "Home Practice".