*We are expecting this online course to be published by late 2018. Please fill out form on the right side of this page to be notified when it goes live.
Awaken the Possible!
This 32-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) certification course is similar in format to the GSY Level 1 Online Course. The main difference is expanding your skill set through learning and incorporating 28 unique Somatic Movement Flows®. Also, this course will highlight the human energy body. We do this through exploring Bioenergetic Exercises, Meditations, Visualizations, and Pranayama Breathing techniques.
*Prerequisite: GSY Practitioner Level 1 certification from either the in-person or online courses.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche. As a Certified Practitioner you are qualified to work one-on-one or in groups as part of your professional practice.
32 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS
What will I learn? During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed Chapter Unit handouts. Information that will be covered in detail: (see Link for Course Curriculum)
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Method – Learn and teach 28 Somatic Movement Flows with the latest cutting-edge enhancements that can be incorporated into therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class; Core Energetics, Vipassana Meditation, and Pranayama; further techniques of pandiculation.
- Neuroscience – GOING DEEPER: Learn more about Fascia, the Parasympathetic Nervous System, and The Energy Body: Aura and Chakras.
- History – Learn how Vipassana Meditation, Shamanism, Biofeedback, Core Energetics, the work of Barbara Brennan, and the work of Toni Petrinovich informed the development of Gentle Somatic Yoga.
- Philosophy – Awaken the Possible: By releasing defensive patterns of holding stress and pain in the Soma, we can further expand into living within soul alignment. Attuned with the heart, we become more fulfilled in all areas of our life.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
How can I apply my education and certification? Once you have learned all 53 Somatic Movement Flows from GSY Levels 1 and 2, you will be inspired to expand your class and/or practice offerings based upon your student and client needs. Experienced yoga teachers and movement educators can develop advanced classes and workshops to support the next step in movement as a healing art for their students. You will be able to apply the principles of Gentle Somatic Yoga and provide workshops and programs to help with typical conditions (neck and shoulder tension, common back pain, tight hips and hamstrings). If you are already working with specialty populations, Gentle Somatic Yoga can augment your practice and distinguish your expertise in the field. If you are a yoga teacher and looking to address a specific niche population such as Seniors, beginning yoga students, the desk worker, plus sizes, pregnancy, cancer survivors, etc., then this is a terrific way to establish yourself as a specialist in the field of yoga therapy. Body Workers, Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and other health care practitioners are able to teach individual Somatic Movement Flows to their clients and patients. The new skill set you will learn from Gentle Somatic Yoga can often dramatically accelerate therapeutic and healing processes.
Be the first to be notified when GSY Level 2 is published
Duration: 32 hours
Video: Yoga Classes
SUBMIT YOUR NAME & EMAIL TO RECEIVE JAMES KNIGHT'S COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter.