*We are expecting this online course to be published by early 2019. Please fill out form on the right side of this page to be notified when it goes live.
Embodied Movement™ – The Future Soma
This 36-Hour Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) certification course completes the 100-Hour GSY Certification Program. It is similar in the experiential format to the GSY Level 1 and Level 2 Online Courses. The main difference is this course is divided into thirds. The 1st third will assist in expanding your skill set through learning additional Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) that have been adapted for application while seated in a chair. In the 2nd third of the course, James offers his hands-on “Top Ten” efficient and effective customized assisted pandiculation techniques for unwinding Sensory Motor Amnesia. The remaining third of the course consists of an exploration into SomaDynamics™, where Somatics meets Biomechanics and we take GSY off the mat and into the world through generative movement.
*Prerequisite: GSY Practitioner Level 1 and Level 2 certifications from either the in-person or online courses.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to integrate Gentle Somatic Yoga in order to enhance student/client outcomes and to expand your specialty niche. As a Certified Teacher you will be qualified to work one-on-one or in groups as part of your professional practice. You will also be qualified to apply for the GSY Affiliate Program and become part of the ever-expanding GSY Team of world-wide trainers.
36 HOURS OF YOGA ALLIANCE-APPROVED CEUs FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS
What will I learn? During this self-paced course, you will discover an effective form of brain-to-muscle re-education that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles with movement. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly online education is offered in the format of tailor-made videos produced by James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE, along with downloadable detailed Chapter Unit handouts. Information that will be covered in detail: (see Link for Course Curriculum)
- Learn and practice 12 Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) that have been adapted for the chair.
- Learn and practice James’ “Top Ten” Hands-on Protocols: efficient and effective customized assisted pandiculation techniques for unwinding Sensory Motor Amnesia.
- Learn and practice new stance and gait SMFs for generative movement (SomaDynamics™). Facilitated by certified Restorative Exercise Specialist Teya Alden.
- Neuroscience – Moving deeper into the science behind these innovative therapeutic modalities; Assisted Pandiculation.
- The History and Philosophy behind Gentle Somatic Yoga and SomaDynamics.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of specialty populations: e.g. Seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, desk workers, pregnancy, and others.
- Building a Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Strategies for marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs.
How can I apply my education and certification? Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes and hands-on sessions. In this 36-Hour Practitioner Certification course you will learn approximately 20 new SMFs, which will provide you with numerous options for designing specialty classes based on your newly-acquired expertise and student/client needs. Certified GSY Teachers will be eligible to become GSY Affiliates, an ever-expanding team of world-wide trainers. This includes the possibility of offering your own sub-specialty by collaborating with James in developing unique GSY programs for the emerging phase of GSY — Lifestyle By Design.
Be the first to be notified when GSY Level 3 is published
Duration: 36 hours
Video: Yoga Classes
SUBMIT YOUR NAME & EMAIL TO RECEIVE JAMES KNIGHT'S COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter.