About James Knight
James is a Yoga Teacher, Certified Hanna Somatic Educator, and Integrative Therapist. His passion is to inspire and encourage others to live a fulfilling life of physical, emotional and spiritual freedom.
From his combined experience as a lifelong yogi, intuitive bodyworker, body-oriented psychotherapist, movement educator and author, James founded a method of integrating what he discovered to be the most progressive, life-enhancing techniques into an embodied practice of mindful movement. Gentle Somatic Yoga® (GSY) was born out of years of exploring means of connecting with the deepest aspects of himself.
In his free time James enjoys designing sacred spaces and other creative endeavors that reflect his spiritual aesthetic. He also enjoys spending quality time with loved ones while cultivating and energizing conscious community.
Recent interview with James by Lynn Crimando from YogaU Online
James Knight’s Education and Experience:
- Guest Presenter for the International Association of Yoga Therapists annual SYTAR Conference (June 2021)
- Guest Instructor at Maryland University of Integrative Health, Graduate Studies in Yoga Therapy Dept. & Professional and Continuing Education Dept.
- Guest Presenter and Program Collaborator with YogaU Online
- Curriculum Development and Instruction, JAI Yoga+Meditation, Seoul, South Korea
- Guest Presenter at the Association of Hanna Somatic Education Annual Convention, Novato, California.
- Instructor at Natural Healing Institute (NHI), Encinitas, CA. NHI offers Professional License and Certification Programs for Yoga, Natural Healing, Holistic Health, Naturopathy and Bodywork.
- Instructor at Yoga Vista Academy, Vista, CA. YVA is an advanced yoga teacher training school specializing in Gentle, Senior, Chair and Yoga Therapy.
- Instructor at Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA. Classes taught: Psychology of Yoga, Psychology of Meditation, Eco-psychology, Psychology of Wilderness, and Physical Education.
- Instructor at Kwatlen College, Vancouver, B.C. Class taught: Health and wellness.
- Founder and Director of Carlsbad Center for Awareness, Carlsbad, CA
- Founder and Director of the Awareness Research and Training Institute, San Francisco, CA.
- Received Advanced Study Certifications in Hanna Somatic Education, Core Energetics (Body-oriented psychotherapy), Brainwave Biofeedback, Massage Therapy, Watsu (aquatic bodywork), and various methods of Yoga.
- Graduate Studies in Eco-Psychology, Sonoma State University, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Environmental Studies and Planning with a minor in Psychology from Sonoma State University, CA.
- Certified Master Feng Shui Consultant: International Feng Shui School. Trained by Amanda Collins.
SUBMIT YOUR NAME & EMAIL TO RECEIVE JAMES KNIGHT’S COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga Home Practice Session. You will also be subscribed to the GSY newsletter.
Make An Appointment with James
Do you have chronic pain and/or other physical limitations that are persistent and would like to have immediate relief with long-lasting results?
If so, make an appointment for a customized one-on-one virtual clinical session with James.