About James Knight
James has been an E-RYT, CHSE (Certified Hanna Somatic Educator), and Integrative Therapist for 25+ years. His passion is to inspire and encourage others to live within soul alignment.
From his combined experience as a lifelong yogi, intuitive bodyworker, psychotherapist, and movement educator, James founded a method of integrating what he discovered to be the most progressive, life-enhancing techniques into an embodied practice of mindful movement. Gentle Somatic Yoga was born out of years of exploring means of connecting with the deepest aspects of himself.
As an architectural and interior designer, master Feng Shui consultant, and professional photographer, James enjoys designing sacred spaces and other creative endeavors that reflect his spiritual aesthetic. On a personal level, he enjoys spending quality time with loved ones while cultivating and energizing conscious community.
James is based in Hawaii, however spends much of his time traveling the world facilitating teacher training certifications, workshops, and cultural immersion retreats.
Visit his photography website: www.JamesKnightPhotography.com.
James Knight’s Education and Experience:
- Guest Presenter at the Association of Hanna Somatic Education Annual Convention, Novato, California.
- Guest Presenter at Maryland University of Integrative Health: Course Yoga 613, Theoretical Foundations for Using Yoga to Support the Mind and Spirit.
- Instructor at Natural Healing Institute, Encinitas, CA. NHI offers Professional License and Certification Programs for Yoga, Natural Healing, Holistic Health, Naturopathy and Bodywork.
- Instructor at Yoga Vista Academy, Vista, CA. YVA is an advanced yoga teacher training school specializing in Gentle, Senior, Chair and Yoga Therapy.
- Instructor at Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA. Classes taught: Psychology of Yoga, Psychology of Meditation, Eco-psychology, Psychology of Wilderness, and Physical Education.
- Instructor at Kwatlen College, Vancouver, B.C. Class taught: Health and wellness.
- Founder and Director of Carlsbad Center for Awareness, Carlsbad, CA
- Founder and Director of the Awareness Research and Training Institute, San Francisco, CA.
- Receiving advanced certifications in Hanna Somatic Education, Core Energetics (Body-oriented psychotherapy), Biofeedback, Massage Therapy, Watsu, and Yoga.
- Graduate Studies in Eco-Psychology, Sonoma State University, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Environmental Studies and Planning with a minor in Psychology from Sonoma State University, CA.
- Associate of Arts, High Honors, Cultural Anthropology, Santa Rosa Junior College, CA.
- Certified Master Feng Shui Consultant: International Feng Shui School. Trained by Amanda Collins.
ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL THEN CLICK THE BUTTON FOR A COMPLIMENTARY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO.
Join James as he guides you through his 20-minute Gentle Somatic Yoga "Home Practice".