Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
50-HOUR GSY ONLINE ADVANCED STUDY PROGRAM
GSY Online Advanced Study Program with Certification Add-on Option with James Knight, E-RYT, CHSE (Certified Hanna Somatic Educator)
Inner Peace Yoga Therapy and Gentle Somatic Yoga are partnering to offer this 50 hour online training that can count as elective hours towards Yoga Therapy Certification.
Explore this Life-Changing Curriculum that you won’t find anywhere else!
This 50 hour program that includes GSY Practitioner Level 1: Tuition cost for Level 1 is $645 with certification Add-on Option is $250 and The GSY Practitioner Level 2 :Tuition cost for Level 2 is $645 with certification Add-on Option is $250.
Level 1 Course Overview
Level 2 Course Overview
FAQ and Program Details:
Who would benefit taking this course?
What will I receive?
After successfully completing each of the Gentle Somatic Yoga online courses, you will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating your commitment to the art and science of Gentle Somatic Yoga. If you choose to, you can film a final teachback video, send it to us, and be evaluated to become a Certified Practitioner. This is an add-on option and can be completed at any time. As a Certified Practitioner you will be added to our teacher directory on the GSY website and will be endorsed by GSY to teach GSY classes and workshops. If you are inspired to take GSY Level 3 and complete the 100 Program, you will qualify to become an Affiliate of GSY and as Faculty you could teach and certify future GSY practitioners. Please inquire if you are interested.
50 HOURS OF IAYT and YOGA ALLIANCE APPROVED CEU’s FOR REGISTERED TEACHERS!
What will I learn?
During this self-paced blended learning program, you will discover an effective form of mind-body training that goes to the root cause of most chronic muscular pain: the way in which the brain senses, controls, and organizes the muscles and movement.
In Both GSY Practitioner Levels 1 & 2 courses covers everything from the in-person GSY courses and also includes:
- Training Material than can be downloaded that consists of references, guides and additional reading materials
- Detailed Instructor Sheets containing 53+ fully annotated Somatic Movement Flow® sequences, illustrated with color photos not available elsewhere
- Extensive Video Library Learning Labs: Access to a Gentle Somatic Yoga Video Library that offers “Learning Moment Vignettes” as well as full 1-hour Gentle Somatic Yoga LIVE classes facilitated by James Knight
- Gentle Somatic Yoga Principles – Learn, demonstrate and teach 53+ Somatic Movement Flows® that can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities (Yoga Therapy, Physical Therapy, Massage, etc.) or can be the basis for an entire group class.
- Teaching Methodologies – Deepening into topics of somatic theory, and the science and philosophy behind this art of movement: Hanna Somatic Education; The Three Involuntary Stress Reflexes: Green Light Reflex, Red Light Reflex, and Trauma Reflex; Sensory Motor Amnesia; Techniques of Pandiculation; Tips and Guidelines for a successful practice; Cueing; and Modifications to teach a wide variety of students safely.
- The History behind Gentle Somatic Yoga – Gentle Somatic Yoga is based off the work of Eleanor Criswell, Thomas Hanna, Moshe Feldenkrais, and Lawrence Gold. Learn the history and philosophy behind this cutting edge body technology and the basic neuromuscular effects of somatic exercises for body re-education and pain relief.
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology – Learning module on muscular integration, anatomy of movement, myofacial functions, the role of fascia, common injuries and conditions, and nervous system responses. Learn which Somatic Movement Flows were designed with specific anatomical focus.
- Body Assessment – Learn to read the human body and how it illustrates The Three Reflexes: Green Light, Red Light, and Trauma.
- Case Studies – Reviewing common bodily conditions and injuries that challenge people physically. Learn from how to choose which Somatic Movement Flows could help reverse these conditions.
- Teaching for Special Populations – Learn how to modify Gentle Somatic Yoga to meet the needs of seniors, beginner yoga students, athletes, and individuals with special conditions: rehabilitation from injuries, pregnancy, desk workers, and others.
- Self Pandiculation – Learn how to safely support your students with these highly effective hands-on assisted movements.
- Modifications, Props, and Tips – Learn how to use innovative techniques that will enhance the needs of every student.
- Building your Gentle Somatic Yoga Business – Marketing and client development for classes, workshops, and programs for individuals and groups.
How can I apply my education and certification?
- Expand your scope of practice by teaching customizable Gentle Somatic Yoga classes to your population. On average, 1-hour Gentle Somatic Yoga classes contain six Somatic Movement Flows. In this 50-Hour Teacher Certification Program you will learn 53+ Somatic Movement Flows, which gives you many options for designing targeted classes based on your student and client needs.
- Experienced yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and movement educators can develop advanced classes and workshops to support the next steps in movement as a healing art for your students. You will be able to apply the principles of Gentle Somatic Yoga and provide workshops and programs to help with typical conditions (neck and shoulder tension, common back pain, tight hips and hamstrings). If you are already working with specialty populations, then Gentle Somatic Yoga can augment your practice and distinguish your expertise in the field.
- If you are already a yoga teacher and looking to fulfill a specific niche population such as the desk worker, senior, beginning yoga students, plus sizes, pregnancy, cancer survivors, etc., this offers an effective means of establishing yourself as an expert in the field.
- Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, and other Health Care Practitioners can teach Somatic Movement Flows to their clients and patients. The new skill sets you learn from Gentle Somatic Yoga will dramatically speed up all therapeutic and healing processes.
Interested in Becoming Certified?
This is another benefit we have added for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, body workers, or healthcare practitioners who certify with GSY. As an endorsed Gentle Somatic Yoga® Practitioner, you will be highlighted in our teacher directory on our website. As well, we can promote your events on social media and connect you with other skilled Movement Educators who have joined our growing international community. We will help you incorporate Gentle Somatic Yoga in either one-on-one customized sessions or in group movement classes, as part of your professional instruction service(s).