Level 1, 2 & 3 – The Complete Journey
The Full Gentle Somatic Yoga® Training Program
A Summary of What you’ll learn in our full all-levels 100 hour program:
- Embody 85+ therapeutic corrective sequences, called Somatic Movement Flows (SMFs)®. These SMFs go to the root cause of muscular pain, and strengthen the brain-to-muscle connection. This practice helps to dissolve stress & pain, significantly improves flexibility & mobility, increases strength, and reestablishes good posture
- Experience for yourself our evidence proven and heart-based self-care and self-healing techniques to boost your immune system, balance emotions, and build self-awareness
- Build confidence by learning how to self-regulate many of your internal systems. When regions of the brain are activated, pain and stiffness can easily be managed and/or permanently erased
- In Gentle Somatic Yoga® we do not focus on stretching. Instead we guide you into learning how to nourish your soma (body) through pandiculation. This technique is adaptable and accessible for most people, regardless of skill level, body weight, or age
- New skills that you can implement into your classes or private sessions if you are a yoga teacher/therapist, bodyworker or health care professional. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available after the completion of each course level
Who would benefit taking this online Program?
The Gentle Somatic Yoga® & Somatic Wellness™ Program has been designed for EVERY BODY – from the every-day person who knows their best investment is learning how to stay in charge of their own health and wellbeing, to the experienced Movement Educator looking to enhance their skill set for group classes/workshops/retreats and personalized one-one-one sessions.
This progressive practice of self-care attracts a wide variety of movement experts including yoga teachers, yoga therapists, physicians, body-workers, dance teachers, occupational therapists, as well as other health care professionals who would like to expand their scope of practice to include a more Whole-Self approach to healing. Upon successful completion of the courses we offer, you will be qualified to integrate 85+ Somatic Movement Flows® into your in-person or online classes and/or private sessions.
What does the Program’s Courses consist of?
The GSY Practitioner Levels 1, 2 and 3 courses are designed as follows:
Course materials consist of hundreds of follow-along videos accompanied by step-by-step illustrated instructional handouts, short quizzes, and simple assignments.
Somatic Movement Flow® Videos
Demonstrations by James and GSY Faculty of the 85+ individual, stand-alone SMFs, including expanded detailed explanations, with emphasis on the latest tips, modifications, and enhancements.
- Detailed presentations by James Knight highlighting the neuroscience, history, philosophy and methodology of GSY.
- Full-length classes of James teaching, intended to inspire how SMFs are selected and sequenced for home practices and/or classes & workshops.
- Samplings of student practice sessions captured during in-person courses. This is purposeful in demonstrating how GSY can be personally translated and interpreted by each practitioner regardless of age or skill level.
The courses are Self-paced as opposed to Instructor-paced. Self-paced instruction proceeds based on learner response. As such, these courses do not follow a set schedule. All of the course materials are available as soon as the course begins, and the courses are constructed in such a way that the student proceeds from one topic or unit to the next at their own speed. Also, assignments and exams do not have due dates.
On average it can take 3-6 months to complete each of the course levels: L1, L2, & L3. With that being said these courses are self-paced and each participant can take all the time they need. Please contact us via email if a life event has prevented you to complete this Program in a reasonable amount of time. We are here to support you.
James Knight's teaching style is highly experiential:
One of the main tenets ascribed to Gentle Somatic Yoga & Somatic Wellness is that of it being a dynamically evolving practice. This means that modifications and enhancements to its method are inherent in its future.
We are absolutely 100% committed to the success of our students, and we wholeheartedly support their success from the moment they enroll, onward.
To that end, there is also a continuing education forum of certified GSY teachers that students are invited to join once certified. In this forum, James and his colleagues share ideas and innovations, along with the latest greatest tips, modifications, and enhancements to the Somatic Movement Flows. Outside of that, James and his Team at GSY are always happy to respond to questions and commentary, and we encourage student engagement, feedback and input.
Interested in Becoming Certified?
For those of you who are yoga teachers, yoga therapists, body workers, or healthcare practitioners, once certified, you are endorsed as a GSY Practitioner. You will be promoted as a GSY teacher and join the global trend of Somatic Movement Educators, acknowledged for your competency. You can also incorporate Gentle Somatic Yoga in either one-on-one customized sessions or in group movement classes, as part of your professional instruction service(s). Special note: Currently certification is only offered for GSY Level’s 1 & 2. CEU’s are offered for all three levels.