Level 1, 2 & 3 – The Complete Journey
The Full Gentle Somatic Yoga® Training Program
What you’ll learn:
- 85+ therapeutic corrective sequences, called Somatic Movement Flows®, that dissolves pain, improves flexibility & mobility, increases strength, and reestablishes good posture
- Science proven and heart-based self-care and healing techniques to boost your immune system
- To go to the root cause of most muscular pain which is found in the brain. When regions of the brain are turned on pain and stiffness can easily be managed and/or permanently erased
- How to discern the important difference between stretching-versus-pandiculation and also fitness-versus-wellness
- New skills that you can implement into your classes or private sessions if you are a yoga teacher/therapist, bodyworker or health care professional. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available after the completion of each course level.
Two online Course Levels
are now offered!
The Journey Begins (Level 1) and The Journey Continues (Level 2) are available now.
The Journey Advances (Level 3) will ready to publish soon. Receive a 15% discount off the purchase price when you register for our online Levels 1 & 2 training courses combined as a bundle!
NOTE: Once you sign up for this offer, you may mix and match online with in-person trainings into the future*.
*After you purchase the Level 1 and 2 Bundle, if you decide later to register for one of our in-person trainings, we will give you a discounted rate based on what you’ve already paid for tuition. The difference you will pay for is lodging, meals, taxes, etc…
Who would benefit taking this online Program?
The Gentle Somatic Yoga® & Somatic Wellness Program™ has been designed for EVERY BODY – from the every-day person who knows their best investment is learning how to stay in charge of their own health and wellbeing, to the experienced Movement Educator looking to enhance their skill set for group classes/workshops/retreats and personalized one-one-one sessions.
Gentle Somatic Yoga® & Somatic Wellness™ attracts a wide variety of movement experts including yoga teachers, yoga therapists, physicians, body-workers, dance teachers, occupational therapists, as well as other health care professionals who would like to expand their scope of practice to include a more Whole-Self approach to healing. Upon successful completion of the Program, you will be qualified to integrate 80+ Somatic Movement Flows® (SMFs) into your live or online classes and/or private sessions.
What does the Program’s Courses consist of?
The GSY Practitioner Levels 1 and 2 and GSY Teacher Level 3 online courses are designed as follows:
Somatic Movement Flow® Videos
Demonstrations by James and GSY Faculty of the 85+ individual, stand-alone SMFs, including expanded detailed explanations, with emphasis on the latest tips, modifications, and enhancements.
- Detailed presentations by James Knight explaining the neuroscience, history, philosophy and methodology of GSY.
- Full-length classes of James teaching, intended to inspire how SMFs are selected and sequenced for home practices and/or classes & workshops.
- Samplings of student practice sessions captured during in-person courses. This is purposeful in demonstrating how GSY can be personally translated and interpreted by each practitioner regardless of age or skill level.
The courses are Self-paced as opposed to Instructor-paced. Self-paced instruction proceeds based on learner response. As such, these courses do not follow a set schedule. All of the course materials are available as soon as the course begins, and the courses are constructed in such a way that the student proceeds from one topic or unit to the next at their own speed. Also, assignments and exams do not have due dates.
On average it can take six months to complete each of the Program’s Advanced Study courses (L1, L2, & L3). With that being said these Courses are self-paced and each participant can take the time they need. Please email us if a life event has prevented you to complete this Program in a reasonable amount of time.
James Knight's teaching style is highly experiential:
One of the main tenets ascribed to Gentle Somatic Yoga & Somatic Wellness® is that of it being a dynamically evolving practice. This means that modifications and enhancements to its method are inherent in its future.
We are absolutely 100% committed to the success of our students, and we wholeheartedly support their success from the moment they enroll, onward.
To that end, there is also a continuing education forum of certified GSY teachers that students are invited to join once certified. In this forum, James and his colleagues share ideas and innovations, along with the latest greatest tips, modifications, and enhancements to the Somatic Movement Flows. Outside of that, James and his Team at GSY are always happy to respond to questions and commentary, and we encourage student engagement, feedback and input.
Interested in Becoming Certified?
For those of you who are yoga teachers, yoga therapists, body workers, or healthcare practitioners, once certified, you are endorsed as a GSY Practitioner. You will be promoted as a GSY teacher and join the global trend of Somatic Movement Educators, acknowledged for your competency. You can also incorporate Gentle Somatic Yoga in either one-on-one customized sessions or in group movement classes, as part of your professional instruction service(s).